I Can Appreciate

I’m not a very whiney person,  I  try to look for the sunny side.

 I can take a Times Out from the world and feel  happy and secure

I can appreciate the way too lavish gift of books my sister gave me:

(pat the bunny, Good Night Moon, STACK THE CATS,

and The Very Hungry Caterpillar) and enjoy them a bushel and a peck.

I can praise the Lord for the wonderful children and grandchildren.

I can fully appreciate good neighbors who vote differently than I do.

I can re-calibrate my panic that my worlds-best husband

will fall off the ladder when he paints the back deck.

I can clean up my painting room and enjoy holding a brush again

 even if I am pretty certain no one wants to own what I create.

I can try to learn how to turn on the tv set all by myself.

I can retrieve the mail from our mailbox all by myself

without being greatly worried afraid a car will hit me.

I can take teensy weensy steps toward cleaning up my office.

I can appreciate that I live in interesting times.

I can appreciate help given even if I don’t want it.

I can love the way my words leap with joy onto paper.

I can relish having the most wonderful cat ever born.

And yes, yes that I have loved those grandchildren and

told them a good goal to work toward is SOS:

A Strong Sense of Self and Others      Praises Be!

 

Cynthia Barnes Johnson

Unitarian Universalist Fellowship



 

Comments

Popular Posts